Prep 1 hr
Cook 18 hrs
A crockpot meal that is just so easy and delish !
- 1 (3 lb) beef tongues
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 8 ounces diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- The night before rinse the tongue and slice in half lengthwise.
- place in crockpot.
- add whole peeled garlic cloves and onions.
- add both cans of beer.
- turn crockpot on low and cover.
- after the tongue has cooked approx 12 hrs take it out and allow to cool.
- remove skin and any visible fat.
- skim any fat off the top of the broth.
- cut up tongue and return to crock pot.
- add diced potatoes green chilies and drained beans.
- cover and allow to cook approx 5 more hours.
- its done when potatoes are fork tender.
- serve with warm tortillas or bread.
- add a dollop of sour cream to the top of each serving.