Recipe by patioprincess
This is a comfort food that brings back memories of my childhood.
Top Review by duonyte
This is pretty much how I make it although I add an onion, carrot, celery, whole peppercorns. I have never had the skin fall off a tongue. I cut a slit through the peel down its length, tease up a corner, then grab with a paper towel and pull it off. This is a delicious pure beef meal, practically no waste.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the tongue and put in pot.
- Put enough water to cover.
- Season like you would your favorite beef roast with bay leaves, pepper, fresh minced or jarred garlic and salt if you like.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Take out of crock.
- The skin should have popped off.
- If it did not remove the skin, slice and enjoy some heaven.
- We ate it as sandwiches as kids.
- It would be good with potatoes and carrots, which you probably could put in the crock with the meat.