8 hrs 10 mins
This is a comfort food that brings back memories of my childhood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the tongue and put in pot.
- 2Put enough water to cover.
- 3Season like you would your favorite beef roast with bay leaves, pepper, fresh minced or jarred garlic and salt if you like.
- 4Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- 5Take out of crock.
- 6The skin should have popped off.
- 7If it did not remove the skin, slice and enjoy some heaven.
- 8We ate it as sandwiches as kids.
- 9It would be good with potatoes and carrots, which you probably could put in the crock with the meat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tongue - Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 104.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g