Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Different and not for everyone. The first time I served this family dish to my husband, he just looked at me.... and then he tried the first bite and loved it!
- Scrub fresh beef tongue with vegetable brush in running water.
- Soak 1 hour in salted water.
- Place tongue in pot, cover with hot water.
- Add spices and simmer for 4 hours.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool.
- Remove cooled meat from pot.
- Using a sharp knife, split outer layer, trim and remove outer layer of skin.
- To serve, slice thin at a slight angle.
- Reheat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Serve with horseradish cream.