Recipe by Aroostook
Different and not for everyone. The first time I served this family dish to my husband, he just looked at me.... and then he tried the first bite and loved it!
Top Review by Bergy
This is. the way I do calves tongues - the horseradish sauce is wonderful When I make your recipe exactly I will add stars - My mother did it this way too - excellent I hope others will try it
- 1 beef tongue
- 2 medium onions
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub fresh beef tongue with vegetable brush in running water.
- Soak 1 hour in salted water.
- Place tongue in pot, cover with hot water.
- Add spices and simmer for 4 hours.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool.
- Remove cooled meat from pot.
- Using a sharp knife, split outer layer, trim and remove outer layer of skin.
- To serve, slice thin at a slight angle.
- Reheat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Serve with horseradish cream.