4 hrs 30 mins
Different and not for everyone. The first time I served this family dish to my husband, he just looked at me.... and then he tried the first bite and loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1Scrub fresh beef tongue with vegetable brush in running water.
- 2Soak 1 hour in salted water.
- 3Place tongue in pot, cover with hot water.
- 4Add spices and simmer for 4 hours.
- 5Remove pot from heat and let cool.
- 6Remove cooled meat from pot.
- 7Using a sharp knife, split outer layer, trim and remove outer layer of skin.
- 8To serve, slice thin at a slight angle.
- 9Reheat in microwave for 1 minute.
- 10Serve with horseradish cream.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tongue and Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 6.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: