Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple quick tasty dish.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin or 1 lb boneless sirloin
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tomatoes (seeded, sliced)
- 1 bunch rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 green onions (chopped) or 2 scallions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (Berbere)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (optional) or 1 tablespoon red wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 hot green pepper (seeded and sliced)
- salt and black pepper
- Cut the beef in tiny slices; marinate with butter, chili pepper, wine or sherry and Italian seasonings; (keep it in fridge for ½ an hour if preferred);.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in frying pan with the fresh garlic; add the beef and rosemary. Cook until lightly brown (10 minutes); remove from heat;.
- Sauté the onion and scallions with one tablespoon of oil until tender;.
- Add the sliced tomatoes to the onion; Stir-fry for 2 minutes;.
- Combine the vegetable with the beef by lightly straining the beef broth; keep the beef broth;.
- To the beef-tomato steak, sprinkle the garlic powder, black pepper and salt; Add the beef broth, if needed; mix well (cook for 2 minutes);.
- Add the sliced hot green peppers; lightly mix and remove from heat. Serve it hot.