1/1 Photo of Beef-Tomato Soup
1 hr 30 mins
A rich beefy tomato-based soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water (or 5 cups beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed stock pot, cook and stir the beef, onion and green pepper in the 2 tbsp oil until meat is browned on all sides; drain the oil.
- 2Add in the next 10 ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-30 mins, or until the potatoes are tender.
- 5Stir in the crushed tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- 6Cover and simmer for another 25-30 mins longer, or until the meat is tender.
- 7Discard the bay leaves before serving.
- 8Garnish soup bowls with a couple of tablespoons of sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef-Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.4
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 770.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g