Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Ever need to feed an army? If so, here's the main course!
- 20 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 15 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 6 1⁄2-7 lbs rice, cooked
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, and thyme, and place into 5 greased 13 x 9 inch baking pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in very large bowl, combine soup, water, onion, parsley, and browning sauce.
- Remove beef from oven, drain any grease, then pour soup over beef and mix well.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours.
- This recipe will serve 75 (serving size is 3/4 cup rice with 3/4 beef with gravy).