Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great comfort food. I make this quick after work and the pressure cooker makes it tast like it was cooking all day.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 lbs lean stew meat
- 1 diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb noodles
- Combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper and toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly.
- Place in pressure cooker. Add onions, broth, tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- Bring up to pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking prepare the noodles.
- Make a smooth paste of water or red wine and 3 tablespoons flour; stir into pressure cooker, mixing well.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
Nice tender beef, but too tomato-y a gravy for my taste. I will make it again, but I think I will use beef broth and/or wine, and just add a tablespoon or so of tomato paste. Thanks for the recipe!
Amazing!!!! Super easy and quick to prepare too!! Picky DH loved them. Even better reheated for lunch :) ShanChef thanks for a favorite pressure cooker recipe!!
Great recipe. I made it exactly as written - it was wonderful! I'm not a big fan of egg noodles; but this is really good. It also reheats very well. I will make it again - next time think I will add some sliced mushrooms - I think it will be even better! Very Good - thanks for sharing.