Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Great southern dish
Make and share this Beef Tips on Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs boneless top sirloin roast, cut into 1 inch cubes (I usually use stew meat that you can buy already cut up in the store)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube (I like to use 2, for more flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 4 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag and shake to mix. (I like to double first 4 ingredients because it makes more gravy, yummy!) Add beef cubes and shake to coat.
- Brown beef in hot oil in Dutch oven or large pot, stirring often. Add onion and cook until tender. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and add to beef mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally. If water evaporates too quickly add more water/bouillon cube mixture.
- Serve over rice. Makes 6 servings.