Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A quick easy meal for the crockpot.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip roast, trimmed of visible fat,sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) canreduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- Preheat slow cooker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place beef cubes into prepared crock pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and Cook on slow cooker for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
This was quite tasty! I halved it and used a can of cream of mushroom instead. I also added some frozen veggies and cut up mushrooms. l did have to thicken it with some cornstarch near the end to get the gravy nice and thick. Definitely keeping this recipe in my repertoire!
I used cream of mushroom soup and added a can of mushrooms too. Great stuff!
This was really good. I didn't have any of the low sodium soup or broth, so I used full sodium versions which made it a little salty. I don't know what I expected, but this really tasted like stew without the veggies. Will make again.