1/1 Photo of Beef Tips and Rice
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
This recipe produces tender beef tips and a delicious gravy. If you prefer, you can serve the beef tips over mashed potatoes instead of rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- hot cooked rice
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley, for garnish
- 1In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- 3Cook for about 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 4Remove veggies from pan and place on a dinner plate.
- 5In a bowl, toss together beef tips and 1/3 cup flour.
- 6Add remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the Dutch oven.
- 7Place beef tips in Dutch oven and brown on all sides and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 8Add veggies back to the Dutch oven.
- 9Add 4 cups water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper, stirring well.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat and cover partially.
- 12Let simmer for 1 hour.
- 13In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup cold water and 3 tablespoons flour, mix well.
- 14Add flour mixture to the beef tips, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 15Serve over hot cooked rice.
- 16Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tips and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.4
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 170.4 mg
- Sodium 908.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: