Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe produces tender beef tips and a delicious gravy. If you prefer, you can serve the beef tips over mashed potatoes instead of rice.
- 3 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- hot cooked rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove veggies from pan and place on a dinner plate.
- In a bowl, toss together beef tips and 1/3 cup flour.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the Dutch oven.
- Place beef tips in Dutch oven and brown on all sides and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add veggies back to the Dutch oven.
- Add 4 cups water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover partially.
- Let simmer for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup cold water and 3 tablespoons flour, mix well.
- Add flour mixture to the beef tips, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
We loved this. I didn't coat the steak with flour, I just threw it in the pan. I cooked it with the onions, peppers and garlic and then drained the broth. I then followed the rest of the recipe as written. I made rice and egg noodles as hubby doesn't like rice. I loved it with rice and everyone else liked it with egg noodles. I only cooked mine for thirty minutes and it was so tender. Will be making again.
YUM! We enjoyed this recipe. Tips were very tender and the flavor was wonderful. I added some freshly sliced mushrooms after making the gravy part. I did had alittle whipping cream to the gravy to make a richer flavor. I served this over Recipe #259339 Was a delicious dinner :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was amazing! Perfect. I omitted the greens peppers.and the seasoning salt. And I served it over wide egg noodles. As always I use low sodium soy sauce. So delicious...