Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe produces tender beef tips and a delicious gravy. If you prefer, you can serve the beef tips over mashed potatoes instead of rice.
- 3 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- hot cooked rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove veggies from pan and place on a dinner plate.
- In a bowl, toss together beef tips and 1/3 cup flour.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the Dutch oven.
- Place beef tips in Dutch oven and brown on all sides and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add veggies back to the Dutch oven.
- Add 4 cups water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover partially.
- Let simmer for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup cold water and 3 tablespoons flour, mix well.
- Add flour mixture to the beef tips, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
We loved this. I didn't coat the steak with flour, I just threw it in the pan. I cooked it with the onions, peppers and garlic and then drained the broth. I then followed the rest of the recipe as written. I made rice and egg noodles as hubby doesn't like rice. I loved it with rice and everyone else liked it with egg noodles. I only cooked mine for thirty minutes and it was so tender. Will be making again.
YUM! We enjoyed this recipe. Tips were very tender and the flavor was wonderful. I added some freshly sliced mushrooms after making the gravy part. I did had alittle whipping cream to the gravy to make a richer flavor. I served this over Rice Pilaf Was a delicious dinner :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a very good and very easy recipe. The meat came out really tender and the flavor of the gravy was very good. It's just as good as leftovers when you put it over some fresh halved dinner rolls.