Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wanted to make beef tips and noodles but couldn't find a recipe that I liked. I came up with this one and it turned out pretty good!
- 680.38-907.18 g boneless chuck roast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 709.77 ml water
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58-44.37 ml cornstarch or 29.58-44.37 ml flour
- 29.58-44.37 ml water
- Trim meat of fat and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Brown meat in pan, seasoning with garlic and onion powders.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups water to a boil in a big pot and add bouillon cubes to make a broth.
- Add chopped onion and Worcestershire sauce to broth.
- When meat is done, add to broth.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender.
- Make a roux with the corn starch and remaining water and add to pot, stirring, in order to thicken the sauce to your liking.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles.
I tried this for dinner tonight and it was a big hit!!! I followed the recipe exactly - I might cut down on some of the Worcestire sauce - it was a little too salty for me. I will be making this again!!!
After searching the internet for a beef tips recipe that didn't use cream of mushroom soup I stumbled upon this one and decided to give it a try. Fiance and I both loved it! I didn't think it was salty at all. Actually when I make this again I will put some salt on the meat when I'm browning it to give the meat a little more flavor. All in all, great recipe and so easy to make!
I have been looking for a recipe like this! Most require some kind of condensed soup and an onion soup packet. It turned out wonderful and was very easy! Added peas.