Recipe by Beth Brady.
I wanted to make beef tips and noodles but couldn't find a recipe that I liked. I came up with this one and it turned out pretty good!
Top Review by clarki
I tried this for dinner tonight and it was a big hit!!! I followed the recipe exactly - I might cut down on some of the Worcestire sauce - it was a little too salty for me. I will be making this again!!!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim meat of fat and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Brown meat in pan, seasoning with garlic and onion powders.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups water to a boil in a big pot and add bouillon cubes to make a broth.
- Add chopped onion and Worcestershire sauce to broth.
- When meat is done, add to broth.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender.
- Make a roux with the corn starch and remaining water and add to pot, stirring, in order to thicken the sauce to your liking.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles.