Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great comfort food.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 lbs lean stew meat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb noodles
- Combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper and toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pot. Brown beef and onions.
- Add broth, tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil,reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Make a smooth paste of water or red wine and 3 tablespoons flour; stir into beef.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
This is a definite keeper!!! It was super easy to make and delicious to eat! My very picky 8 yr old asked for seconds!!! Made just as posted except I put it in the crockpot to simmer since I was going to work... The beef was so tender! Thanks for posting!!!!!
This is fantastic. I made this for my family and they loved it. I made on minor adjustment for mine, I didn't use the worcestershire sauce cause not everyone in the family likes it, also I was expecting a crowd so I used 2 lbs of beef flavored noodles. I fed 6 people with this and still had leftovers. I have to wonder if the serving size is right on this.