Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is an easy, rich crockpot dinner.
- flour, for dredging
- black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef tips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced thick
- 1 onion, quartered pole-to-pole and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- minced garlic, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge beef tips in flour.
- Heat oil until smoking in a large skillet. Add beef and brown. Turn to brown all sides. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until soft and browned. Add to slow cooker.
- Deglaze skillet with wine, scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Add to slow cooker.
- Add boullion, tomato sauce and garlic to slow cooker. Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 5-6 hours until beef is very tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Serve over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.