Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Our family favorite. Quick and easy...
- 2 lbs beef stew meat or 2 lbs round steaks or 2 lbs chuck roast, cut into cubes 3 tb vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions until soft.
- Add beef cubes and sauté, stirring often, until meat is browned on all sides.
- Add 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to beef.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- To make gravy: combine gravy mix package with 1 cup water.
- Mix thoroughly and stir into meat mixture.
- Simmer, stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- Serves 4.
followed another reviewers advice and floured pieces before browning. Also added 2 bullion cubes to water. Made deep rich gravy on it's own. Great easy recipe that pleased dad and hubby. Thanks!!
Good recipe. Picky boyfriend even liked it. The only thing is that it is a little bland. Needs something more I just don't know what yet. I also added 2 diced potatoes after I put the water in. I defintely will make this again!