Recipe by Seasoned Cook
The BEST FLAVOR you can have for beef tips!!! The gravy is awesome! Your family will love you for this dinner. This is my mother's recipe for beef tips which she used for over 50 years.
Top Review by Susie D
Classic comfort food!
I adapted the recipe for the crockpot by reducing the water to 1 1/2 cups and cooking on low approx 6 hrs. I added 1 clove of minced garlic and used 2 T cornstarch/ 3T water to make the gravy the last 30 minutes then added 1/2 t Kitchen Bouquet for color. Served over rice with a green salad & peas. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tips
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute beef tips in salad oil until lightly browned. Place in a dutch oven and add water, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and salt. Cook covered on simmering low heat for approximately one hour.
- Add sliced onions and cook additional 30 to 40 minutes on low heat, being careful to not let all water boil out. (You will need at least 1 1/2 cups of water left as gravy.).
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into beef mixture mixture. stir well and cook an additional one minute while gravy thickens.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.