Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
if you love beef tips you will love this recipe, the aroma is mouthwatering.have been making this recipe for years and it is one of my favorites.comfort food at its best.
- 1 rump roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- salt and black pepper
- bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- trim roast and cut into bitesize chunks.
- in large pot brown meat in oil,tossing until all meat is browned.
- the meat will have a broth after browning so to that add the other ingredients and simmer until tender but not falling apart.
- bay leaf is very important.
- dont leave it out.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- thicken with flour and water mixed to a semi thick paste.
- serve over rice.
i made this recipe as written the first time. the second time i made it in the crock pot and added onions. it cooked all day and then 10 minutes before serving, i added brown gravy mix to thicken the broth. it was SO SO SO good. this recipe has quickly become a family favorite. what a wonderful idea to add the onion soup mix! very easy!
We really enjoyed this recipe. This is really nice comfort food in the winter and it doesn't take much time to make so it doesn't overheat my kitchen in the summer. Great recipe!! I will definitely make it again and again.
I did this in the crock pot and skipped the browning process. I sprinkled the meat with a little lawry's season salt and used a can of condensed beef broth instead of the water and used fresh sliced mushrooms. Cooked on high 4 hours, served over mashed potatoes. TO DIE FOR! Thanks for sharing!