Recipe by texas*gal
A family favorite! I took several recipes and modified them to come up with this.
Top Review by VA
I was happy to find a beef tip recipe that doesn't call for salty dry packaged gravy and/or onion soup mix. I made only one change by using low sodium beef broth in place of the water and boullion cubes. I thought the gravy was a little too thin so I will add a tad less water to the corn starch next time. Overall, very good and simple to make. Thanks!
- 1 lb lean stewing beef, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium-sized sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Brown stew meat with onions and garlic until meat is browned on all sides.
- Add soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, wine, and water.
- Add beef bouillon, mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup water. Slowly stir into the meat mixture to thicken. (Use more or less cornstarch, depending on how thick you want it.).
- Serve over rice.