1/2 Photos of Beef Teriyaki With Cucumber Salsa
Sassy Syrah's Note:
This is a nice light red meat recipe. It is very low fat, I would recommend using lean cuts of beef in smallish serving sizes. It is incredibly quick once you have marinaded the steak, and the cucumber salsa can be prepared up to a day before. This makes quite a bit of salsa, we eat it on the side as well. Marinade time is not included in the time to make. As you can see in the picture, Bethany has elected to make this more family friendly by using flank steak. This is a nice variation on my more steak style version which would be easier if you were serving only a few people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 scotch steak fillets
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I have used jarred)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Combine ingredients for marinade.
- 2Immerse steak in marinade, turning to coat.
- 3Refrigerate at least half an hour.
- 4Peel cucumber and dice into 1cm cubes.
- 5Slice capscicum into strips and then across ways to be about the same size as the cucumber.
- 6Slice spring onions on the diagonal (make sure you use some of the green bit) Combine in a salad bowl.
- 7In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and 2 tbs water.
- 8Boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, and them simmer for 2 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- 9Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- 10Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then poor directly over the salsa.
- 11Cook the meat to your liking.
- 12Retain the marinade.
- 13I use the GF and have it rare.
- 14Allow it to rest at least 10 minutes.
- 15Slice the steak into thin strips, retaining the shape of the steak.
- 16Boil the marinade for 3 minutes to remove any bacteria.
- 17Keep warm until serving.
- 18Serve the steak on a bed of plain rice.
- 19Top with some reserved marinade, and the salsa and finally with the sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Teriyaki With Cucumber Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1370.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar