Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the beef needs to marinate overnight. You can thread the skewers a couple hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to grill.
Top Review by Kizzikate
Yum. Made these for our Saturday cookout and we loved them. The only change I made was that I used baby portobello mushrooms. Mine marinated about 12 hours, and the meat was tender & juicy. Thanks, Kitten!
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (very finely minced or use 1 teaspoon dry garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless sirloin (cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (peeled and cut into about 1-1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 small zucchini (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3⁄4 lb medium button mushroom
- 1 lb small baby yellow onion, peeled
- 1 small red bell pepper (seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 small green bell pepper (seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the ketchup, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger powder and black pepper; toss with the beef cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Remove beef shaking off any excess marinade.
- Reserve the marinade to boil and then serve on the side.
- Thread beef, pineapple and veggies fairly tightly alternately on the long metal skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, turning often or until the beef is desired doneness and the veggies are fork-tender.
- Simmer the marinade in a small saucepan over low heat for 15 minutes and serve marinade with the skewers.