Toby Jermain's Note:
This is another of my sister's appetizer recipes. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet sake) or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into 1 x 4 x 1/4 inch strips
- 1Thoroughly combine all ingredients except meat in a large bowl.
- 2Add meat and mix well.
- 3Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight.
- 4Thread strips of beef on metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water at least 30 minutes) without draining.
- 5Broil under high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with marinade once on each side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Teriyaki
Serving Size: 1 (1248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 283.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g