Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The classic stir-fry is your go-to recipe when you want something flavorful, filling and fresh. It features beef strips and tender-crisp broccoli in a soy and garlic-flavored sauce...what a great way to get them to eat their vegetables!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth or 1 3⁄4 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steaks (about 1 pound) or 1 beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into very thin strips (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets or 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- Stir the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir-fry the beef in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the beef mixture boils and thickens. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- INGREDIENT NOTE: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour before slicing.
Love this for being high on flavor and super quick and easy at the same time! Yum - had to go back for seconds. Might double the recipe next time. Even with making extra rice this went fast. I made this when searching for recipes that didn't have any onions in them per my one daughter's request. No onion and I still loved it. I'll be making this often during weeknights.