Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the Campbell's site. I add my own stuff when making the marinade as well, so play around with different amounts and spices.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diagonally sliced
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freeze meat 1 hour to firm (makes slicing easier); slice into very thin strips.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over steak.
- Marinate 2 hours or more.
- Thread meat on 4 skewers.
- Broil or Grill about 4 inches from heat until desired doneness (5-10 minutes),
- brushing with marinade and turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade; thicken if desired. Serve with meat and rice.
I used this on chicken, the flavor was sort of light, but im guessing thats because it was chicken and not the beef that the recipe was intended for, all and all we liked it, but ill try it on beef next time to try and get a fuller flavor
This was really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used 6 round steaks that weighed about a pound and a half total. The only thing I would do different is marinade longer then two hours. I would marinade all day instead so the wonderful flavor would permeate the meat more.
Super easy and delicious! WE marinated for several hours. I used regular onions instead of green as I didn't have green. It came out wonderfully! Thanks for the recipe, Color Guard Mom!