- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup flank steak, cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables, cut up
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- water, to thin sauce if neccesary
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar and seasonings. Add the beef; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Stir fry the meat in hot oil in wok until browned.
- Remove, cover and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables. Stir until tender crisp.
- In a small bowl mix together the beef broth and cornstarch, add to the wok. Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Return the meat to the wok, stir to coat.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.