I found this on another website. It's the best meal I've ever prepared. I served it with Smashed Potatoes and my Two Squash Saute. Big hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red wine (I use Madeira)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lawry seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced (2 or 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Stir broth, wine, thyme, black pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until blended.
- 2Add mushrooms; toss to coat.
- 3Cover and set aside, tossing occasionally as you cook.
- 4Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add steaks and cook 5-6 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- 6Remove steaks from skillet onto plate.
- 7Cover to keep warm.
- 8Add onions to skillet and saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Add flour and salt; stirring constantly for one minute.
- 10Pour mushroom mixture into skillet.
- 11Stirring occasionally, boil 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and mushrooms are tender.
- 12Add steaks to sauce and heat one minute.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloins in Portabella Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 411.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 29.0 g