Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just another favorite recipe for beef tenderloin or you could use it with a whole pork tenderloin or 4-12 oz pork tenderloins. Experiment and see which you like the best. Haven't made it with the pork.
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin or 4 lbs steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
BLACK PEPPER-OLIVE RELISH
- 1 cup pitted nicoise olives or 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
BLUE CHEESE-PARSLEY CRUMBLE
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse sea salt or 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- sliced radish (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Italian parsley (optional)
- sliced red onion (optional)
- orange slice (optional)
- couple sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush meat with olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and black pepper, if using.
- Insert meat thermometer into center of one of the roasts.
- For beef, roast uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until thermometer registers 140°F.
- For pork, roast uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°F.
- Allow meat to stand covered loosely with foil, about 10 minutes, to allow juices to reabsorb and meat to firm for easier slicing.
- Cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices.
- HORSERADISH MAYO:.
- In a bowl stir together all the ingredients; makes 2/3 cup.
- BLACK PEPPER-OLIVE RELISH:.
- In a bowl stir together all the ingredients;.
- Makes 1-2/3 cups.
- BLUE CHEESE-PARSLEY CRUMBLE:.
- In a bowl stir together all the ingredients; makes 3/4 cup.
- Serve steak slices with one or all three spreads, potatoes,a tomato vinaigrette with greens, a loaf of French warm bread for steaks as well as sopping up the three spreads, and of course some Merlot.
What an incredibly tasty offering this is - many thanks Di. I made this with a whole pork tenderloin and what a hit it made. The relish spreads are wonderful - I don't think the condiment dishes ever sat on the table for more than 20 seconds without someone asking for one or the other. No one could decide which was their favorite because they each had their own wonderful taste. I used about a 9.5 lb.pork tenderloin which I cut in half and increased the cooking time to about one hour and they were done to perfection - crusty golden brown on the outside and no pink and juicy on the inside. Only other alteration I made was I doubled the relishes and instead of leaving th olives whole I chopped them in the food processor and I ran short of lemon juice and did equal parts of lemon and lime juice and which worked well. For those who like really hot horseradish sauce I also added some crused red pepper. At any rate, I made this for about 12 dinner guests and needless to say there wasn't a whole lot left much to my DH dismay. Thanks for sharing a tasty morsel.