Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This versatile Southwestern –Style Sauce, with its zesty blend of black peppercorns and Creole mustard is a perfect match for beef tenderloin. Serve with Tarragon Green Beans and Jalapeno Jack Polenta for a perfect meal.
- 1360.77 g beef tenderloin, Trimmed
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 44.37 ml shallots, Minced
- 22.18 ml tomato paste
- 44.37 ml creole mustard
- 2.46 ml black peppercorns, Crushed
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml real maple syrup
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 13.55 ml dried cilantro or 12.32 ml fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 22.18 ml jalapenos, Finely Diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the beef and cut into eight ½-inch thick medallions, about 6 ounces each.
- Season the medallions with Salt and Pepper and brush with Olive Oil; Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat ½ Tablespoon of the Oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the Garlic and Shallots until aromatic, 1-2 minutes; add Tomato Paste and cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes; add the Mustard, Black Peppercorns, Chicken Broth, Maple Syrup, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper; Simmer until mixture reduces to a sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the Oil in a skillet on medium-high heat; sauté the medallions to the desired doneness, 1 ½ minutes for the first side and approximately 1 minute for the second side for medium.
- Finish the sauce with the Cilantro and serve over the Tenderloin.
- Garnish with the Jalapeno.