1/1 Photo of Beef Tenderloin With Southwestern-Style Sauce
This versatile Southwestern –Style Sauce, with its zesty blend of black peppercorns and Creole mustard is a perfect match for beef tenderloin. Serve with Tarragon Green Beans and Jalapeno Jack Polenta for a perfect meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin, Trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, Minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, Crushed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 3/4 teaspoons dried cilantro or 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapenos, Finely Diced
- 1Trim the beef and cut into eight ½-inch thick medallions, about 6 ounces each.
- 2Season the medallions with Salt and Pepper and brush with Olive Oil; Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 3Heat ½ Tablespoon of the Oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the Garlic and Shallots until aromatic, 1-2 minutes; add Tomato Paste and cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes; add the Mustard, Black Peppercorns, Chicken Broth, Maple Syrup, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper; Simmer until mixture reduces to a sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- 4Heat the Oil in a skillet on medium-high heat; sauté the medallions to the desired doneness, 1 ½ minutes for the first side and approximately 1 minute for the second side for medium.
- 5Finish the sauce with the Cilantro and serve over the Tenderloin.
- 6Garnish with the Jalapeno.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin With Southwestern-Style Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.0
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 817.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 44.7 g