This versatile Southwestern –Style Sauce, with its zesty blend of black peppercorns and Creole mustard is a perfect match for beef tenderloin. Serve with Tarragon Green Beans and Jalapeno Jack Polenta for a perfect meal.
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin, Trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, Minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns, Crushed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons dried cilantro or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons jalapenos, Finely Diced
- Trim the beef and cut into eight ½-inch thick medallions, about 6 ounces each.
- Season the medallions with Salt and Pepper and brush with Olive Oil; Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat ½ Tablespoon of the Oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the Garlic and Shallots until aromatic, 1-2 minutes; add Tomato Paste and cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes; add the Mustard, Black Peppercorns, Chicken Broth, Maple Syrup, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper; Simmer until mixture reduces to a sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the Oil in a skillet on medium-high heat; sauté the medallions to the desired doneness, 1 ½ minutes for the first side and approximately 1 minute for the second side for medium.
- Finish the sauce with the Cilantro and serve over the Tenderloin.
- Garnish with the Jalapeno.