Sweet and savoury flavor from the butter and rosemary,heightened by the shallots,Port and wine. Truly elegant entree for any dinner party. Cook time is approximate.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml minced shallot
- 473.18 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml port wine
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 slice beef tenderloin, 1 inch thick
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter, chilled
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- In a large,heavy skillet over medium-high heat,melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and saute until tender.
- Stir in the wine and Port.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and rosemary and continue to boil until the liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet,heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef until desired doneness,about 4 minutes.
- per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the sauce to the skillet that the beef was cooked in,bring to a boil,scraping any brown bits into the sauce.
- Gradually add the butter,whisking until just melted.
- Do not allow sauce to boil.
- Stir in chopped rosemary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over beef and serve.