Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet and savoury flavor from the butter and rosemary,heightened by the shallots,Port and wine. Truly elegant entree for any dinner party. Cook time is approximate.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml minced shallot
- 473.18 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml port wine
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 slice beef tenderloin, 1 inch thick
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter, chilled
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- In a large,heavy skillet over medium-high heat,melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and saute until tender.
- Stir in the wine and Port.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and rosemary and continue to boil until the liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet,heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef until desired doneness,about 4 minutes.
- per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the sauce to the skillet that the beef was cooked in,bring to a boil,scraping any brown bits into the sauce.
- Gradually add the butter,whisking until just melted.
- Do not allow sauce to boil.
- Stir in chopped rosemary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over beef and serve.
Wow that was alot of wine! This was simply elegant, aromatic and a very nice sweet sauce, was a perfect recipe for my DH's birthday, perfect-like him. Thank You Rinder!