1/2 Photos of Beef Tenderloin with Port-Rosemary Sauce
Sweet and savoury flavor from the butter and rosemary,heightened by the shallots,Port and wine. Truly elegant entree for any dinner party. Cook time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups port wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1In a large,heavy skillet over medium-high heat,melt the butter.
- 2Add the shallots and saute until tender.
- 3Stir in the wine and Port.
- 4Boil for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the beef broth and rosemary and continue to boil until the liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- 6Strain and set aside.
- 7In a large heavy skillet,heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 8Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- 9Cook beef until desired doneness,about 4 minutes.
- 10per side for medium-rare.
- 11Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 12Add the sauce to the skillet that the beef was cooked in,bring to a boil,scraping any brown bits into the sauce.
- 13Gradually add the butter,whisking until just melted.
- 14Do not allow sauce to boil.
- 15Stir in chopped rosemary.
- 16Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 17Spoon sauce over beef and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin with Port-Rosemary Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 152.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: