Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but I am going to make it for my boyfriend for his birthday tomorrow. It's from the Better Homes & Gardens "New Dieters Cook Book".
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin fillets
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl stir together 1 1/2 teaspoons of thyme, 2 minced garlic cloves, salt and black pepper. Rub onto surface of meat.
- Roast, uncovered at 425 - 35-40 min medium rare (140 degrees ferenheit). Remove from oven, cover with foil, let stand 15 minutes.
- For chutney - cook onion, sweet pepper, remaining garlic in oil in saucepan until tender. Add apples and cherries - stir for 2 minutes. Add vinegar, brown sugar, and remaining thyme - boil gently uncovered for 10-12 minute Cover and let stand 30 min; serve with sliced tenderloin.