Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with quartered red potatoes tossed with olive oil, minced garlic, pepper, and salt, and cooked covered in the microwave for about 15 minutes.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 24 ounces beef tenderloin, 4 oz each, trimmed, 1-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- fresh tarragon, sprigs
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add dry white wine, sugar, and Dijon mustard to pan; bring to a boil 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, sour cream, and chopped tarragon. Spoon sauce over warm steaks. Garnish with tarragon sprigs, if desired.
This was simply delicious. I added a shallot and had to use dried tarragon instead of fresh but I really enjoyed.