Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with quartered red potatoes tossed with olive oil, minced garlic, pepper, and salt, and cooked covered in the microwave for about 15 minutes.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 24 ounces beef tenderloin, 4 oz each, trimmed, 1-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- fresh tarragon, sprigs
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add dry white wine, sugar, and Dijon mustard to pan; bring to a boil 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, sour cream, and chopped tarragon. Spoon sauce over warm steaks. Garnish with tarragon sprigs, if desired.
This was simply delicious. I added a shallot and had to use dried tarragon instead of fresh but I really enjoyed.