1/2 Photos of Beef Tenderloin With Mustard Sauce
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
My sister Brooke made this for me while visiting recently! Not being a big fan of red meat, this was absolutely the best steak. She served it with oven fries and a salad. Made for a perfect dinner just us girls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees;.
- 2Coat steaks with pepper on both sides.
- 3Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until very hot. Sear steaks for 5 minutes on each side, then transfer to oven to finish cooking, about 8 minutes for medium rare.
- 4Transfer to a plate to rest while you make the sauce.
- 5In the same skillet that steaks were cooked in, cook shallots in oil over medium heat until translucent, 6 minutes. Add brandy, and cook, stirring constantly, until reduced to 1 tablespoon, 1 minute. Stir in mustard and cream. Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve sauce alongside the steaks.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin With Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.5
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g