My sister Brooke made this for me while visiting recently! Not being a big fan of red meat, this was absolutely the best steak. She served it with oven fries and a salad. Made for a perfect dinner just us girls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;.
- Coat steaks with pepper on both sides.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until very hot. Sear steaks for 5 minutes on each side, then transfer to oven to finish cooking, about 8 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer to a plate to rest while you make the sauce.
- In the same skillet that steaks were cooked in, cook shallots in oil over medium heat until translucent, 6 minutes. Add brandy, and cook, stirring constantly, until reduced to 1 tablespoon, 1 minute. Stir in mustard and cream. Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce alongside the steaks.