Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
There couldn't be a more delicious recipe for beef tenderloin, I imagine that this could be made using pork tenderloin, you will have to adjust the roasting time.
- In a large pot boil wine, Port and broth until reduced to 4 cups.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet and saute the onions until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the thyme and then saute until the onions are DEEP brown in colour; transfer onions to a bowl.
- Add in 3-4 tablespoon more butter and saute the mushrooms until they release their moisture and are tender.
- Return the onions to the skillet; add in flour and stir with onions and mushrooms using a wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- Stir the onion/mushroom mixture into the reduced wine mixture; simmer for about 1 hour (or until reduced further to about 3 cups) season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub olive oil all over the roast, then let the roast sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Just before cooking season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the roast on all sides on top of the stove, then place in a roating pan.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast for about 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 125 degrees F (for rare).
- Remove and tent with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Pour the juices from the roast into the sauce, heat and serve with the roast.