1 hr 35 mins
There couldn't be a more delicious recipe for beef tenderloin, I imagine that this could be made using pork tenderloin, you will have to adjust the roasting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot boil wine, Port and broth until reduced to 4 cups.
- 2Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet and saute the onions until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add in the thyme and then saute until the onions are DEEP brown in colour; transfer onions to a bowl.
- 4Add in 3-4 tablespoon more butter and saute the mushrooms until they release their moisture and are tender.
- 5Return the onions to the skillet; add in flour and stir with onions and mushrooms using a wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- 6Stir the onion/mushroom mixture into the reduced wine mixture; simmer for about 1 hour (or until reduced further to about 3 cups) season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Rub olive oil all over the roast, then let the roast sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- 8Just before cooking season with salt and pepper.
- 9Brown the roast on all sides on top of the stove, then place in a roating pan.
- 10Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 11Roast for about 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 125 degrees F (for rare).
- 12Remove and tent with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 13Pour the juices from the roast into the sauce, heat and serve with the roast.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin With Mushrooms, Onions and Reduced Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 992.3
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 225.7 mg
- Sodium 418.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 60.9 g