Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 steak and 1/4 cup gravy. Per serving: 210 calories, 7.8 g fat, 26.2 g protein, 6.7 g carb, 0.7 g fiber, 75 mg cholesterol.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (low salt)
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the skillet; stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Put sour cream in a bowl; gradually add mushroom mixture to sour cream, stirring constantly using a whisk.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve gravy with steak.