Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Southern Living several years ago. I made it for an appetizer at a holiday gathering and everyone ate so much, they hardly had room for dinner afterwards. What was left was taken home by my guests. It is YUMMY and sooooooooo easy. I had several people ask for the recipe and it is now a tradition at their houses as well.
- 8 ounces major grey's chutney
- 14 ounces ketchup
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 11 ounces A.1. Original Sauce
- 10 ounces bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Process chutney in a food processor until smooth. Add ketchup and next 4 ingredients and process until blended. Chill at least 2 hours. Stir together butter, salt and pepper; rub over beef. Place on a lightly greased rack in a 15 x 10 inch jellyroll pan. Fold under 4 to 6 inches of the narrow end of the beef to fit onto rack. Bake at 500 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or desired doneness. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve beef carved with sauce and dinner rolls.