Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A classy entree for special occasions. Adapted from Southern Living.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle mango chutney
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) bottle steak sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (4 1/2-5 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Add chutney to the container of a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Add the next 5 ingredients; process until blended; chill at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, salt, and pepper; rub over the tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin on a lightly greased rack in a jellyroll pan.
- Fold under 4 to 6 inches of narrow end of tenderloin to fit onto rack.
- Bake at 500° for 30-35 minutes or to desired degree of doneness (if you cook longer then 35 minutes, I would decrease the oven temp).
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve tenderloin with sauce.
- Alternative: tenderloin slices on homemade buns with sauce makes a great sandwich.
OMG!!!!!! This is to DIE for!!! I have had my eyes on this recipe for a long time (also found it in Southern Living -- one of their "all star" recipes). So, so easy. The meat is VERY expensive -- so it's not something that will appear on my menu often -- but it WILL be something that I will go to for that very special occasion. The sauce is great. It actually ends up tasting similar to A-1 -- but it's much more special. I have a lot of sauce left over that I will put in the freezer. It's obviously a sauce that can be used on other cuts of meat. This made a special Christmas dinner MUCH MORE SPECIAL.