1 hr 5 mins
This is my mom's recipe that she's been making for special occasions for as long as I can remember. It's very easy and quick to make - a plus when you are preparing to entertain guests! NOTE - In some places a beef tenderloin is known as a "filet of beef" - this may be the name your butcher calls it. These directions will produce meat that is medium-rare in the very center of the tenderloin. If you want your meat more well done, add on 10 minutes and check it by cutting a small nick in the center of the meat - keep repeating until the meat is done to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BEEF
- 1 (6 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE GORGONZOLA SAUCE
- 1Use paper towels to thoroughly wipe down the tenderloin with the cider vinegar.
- 2Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce & mustard.
- 3Spread this spice paste over the tenderloin, coating the whole exterior.
- 4Place on a broiler pan and drizzle half of the melted butter over the tenderloin. Broil for 5 minutes. Turn tenderloin over to other side & drizzle with the remaining butter. Broil for another 5 minutes.
- 5NOTE - BEGIN MAKING SAUCE NOW, SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
- 6Set the oven to 350 degrees and bake the tenderloin at this temperature for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Gorgonzola Sauce.
- 8GORGONZOLA SAUCE:.
- 9Bring the cream to a full boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then continue to simmer rapidly for 35 to 40 minutes, until it's thickened like a white sauce, stirring occasionally.
- 10Remove the pan from the heat & add the gorgonzola, parmesan, salt pepper. Whisk rapidly until the cheeses melt, add parsley, and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin With Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1801.7
- Calories from Fat 1260
- Total Fat 140.0 g
- Saturated Fat 66.1 g
- Cholesterol 547.7 mg
- Sodium 3230.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 119.7 g