Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serious beef recipe. From the cookbook, Fort Worth is Cooking.
- 5 lbs beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup veal stock (can sub beef stock or pan drippings)
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Sear tenderloin in hot oil 2 minutes per side to seal in juices.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes for medium rare. Remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes covered with foil before slicing.
- While tenderloin is cooking, warm the heavy cream, wine, shallots, peppercorns, stock and salt to taste over medium heat. Bring to boil stirring often until sauce has thickened.
- Just before serving stir in cheese and stir until melted.
- Ladle small amount of sauce on plate and top with slice of tenderloin.