Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Excellent for a small dinner party.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, center cut
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed green peppercorn
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine seasoning ingredients.
- Press evenly into surface of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. I.
- nsert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in the thickest part of the beef.
- Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 425 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees.
- Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise approximately 10 degrees to reach 145 degrees for medium rare.).
- Carve roast into 1/2-inch-thick slices.