Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is somewhat expensive and time-consuming to make. But, it is so worth it!!! My brother is the pickiest eater I know and he absolutely loved it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) beef tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
Dijon mustard cream sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, soften
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- coarsely crushed black peppercorns (to garnish)
- mustard seeds (to garnish)
- Combine oil and vinegar in a cup, rub onto beef. Season generously with salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely crush peppercorns and mustard seeds in a blender or food processor or by hand with a mortar and pestle. Roll beef in crushed mixture, pressing it into the surface to coat.
- Oil grill to help prevent sticking. Grill beef, on a covered grill, over medium heat 16 to 24 minutes (depending on thickness and your desired doneness). Turn halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with a few spoonfuls of sauce.
- For the Dijon-Cream Sauce, bring beef broth and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan. Boil gently until reduced to about 1 cup; sauce will be thick enough to coat a spoon. Remove from heat; stir in butter, a little at a time, until all the butter is melted. Stir in mustard and vinegar, adjusting amounts to taste. Sprinkle with peppercorns and mustard seeds. Makes about 1 cup.
fantastic fantastic way to eat filet. very fast to prep, i found the prep time is way off, it took me 15 mins to prep. cooking is only a half hour. so don't let the times worry you. the flavors worked beautifully, it took next to no time to put together
Sensational! We cooked two organic scotch fillets (a deluxe cut of meat in Australia). This recipe 'delivered' the nicest steaks we've had in years. Be sure to cook the sauce long enough to let it get properly thick. Ours was a bit thin-ish, but we were impatient. Made and loved for Zaar World Tour.
Fabulous! We used tenderloin steaks (for the 2 of us) and I left the amount of sauce the same as the recipe directed. We love sauces, lol. This was so good and easy. Thanks jkoch.