If you love melt-in-your-mouth Tenderloin that will impress your family or guests, this recipe is for you! I was so delighted with this simple recipe. Once the tenderloin was cooking in the marinade, everyone found their way to the kitchen following their noses….and it tastes even better than it smells! The rice is lightly creamy and flavorful. I found the recipe in Kraft’s Food and Family Winter 2005 Magazine. The recipe calls for Minute White Rice, however, I used Organic Jasmine Rice (Prepared as the recipe states for the Minute Rice (ingredients) - with adjusted time and in it’s own pot – then added to veggie pan) and it worked out perfectly. The recipe also states to use Kraft’s Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette, but since my grocer does not carry that flavor Vinaigrette, I used Kraft Special Collection Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan.
- 8 ounces beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄4 cup kraft special collection sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing, Divided
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, Shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, Chopped
- 1 cup MINUTE White Rice, Uncooked (or Regular Rice See Description Above)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard (Or Other Brand)
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the Dressing in saucepan. Add Zucchini, Carrot, and Red Pepper; Cook until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Rice, Broth, Milk and Mustard, bring to a boil; Cover; Remove from heat; Let Stand 5 Minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Steaks in another skillet in remaining Dressing on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn Steaks over; Cover; Cook an Additional 5 – 8 minutes for rare to medium doneness.