Recipe by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
This is an elegant and delicious meat dish and perfect for a dinner or barbecue with the boss! She/he will be most impressed! The aioli is spectacular! Enjoy the feast!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- ground pepper, freshly grated
- 1 chile, stemmed, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 14 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place roasting pan on stove and heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat tenderloin with paper towels.
- Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Place in roasting pan with oil and roast in oven (or in a hot, covered grill).
- While meat cooks, toast Cascabel chile in a small skillet over high heat,.
- turning pieces once, until blistered and fragrant. I recommend using a Cascabel chili as it has a tangy medium hot flavor.
- Let cool until brittle.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound chile into a powder.
- Mix powder in medium bowl with remaining ingredients to create the aioli.
- Remove meat from oven or grill after 25 to 30 minutes, or when internal temperature is in the 130 to 150 degree range. Because you are using such a hot oven, you may want to check the internal temperature of the meat as the 25 minute mark approaches to make sure you don't overcook it.
- Let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with aioli on the side.