1/1 Photo of Beef Tenderloin With Cabernet Sauce
Mims & Squims's Note:
Juicy tenderloin, wine sauce, fresh herbs... I don't think it gets more perfect than this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g beef tenderloin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.59 ml sea salt
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml cabernet sauvignon wine
- 59.14 ml shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 78.07 ml beef broth
- 4.92 ml unsalted butter
- 1.23 ml fleur de sel or 1.23 ml coarse sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450F.
- 2Rub meat with garlic & sprinkle with 1/8 t sea salt & pepper.
- 3Heat olive oil in heavy skillet. Sear meat over high heat 3 minutes until browned on all sides.
- 4Place in oven and roast 10-20 minutes to desired doneness, turning once.
- 5Combine wine with the herbs/veggies and bring to boil.
- 6Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. Run liquid through mesh strainer to remove any large pieces.
- 7In small saucepan, heat broth over high heat 5-7 minutes until reduced by half.
- 8Combine borth & wine mixture.
- 9When meat is cooked, remove from pan and cover with foil.
- 10Pour any juices from pan in with broth mixture.
- 11Mix in butter and more salt & pepper if desired.
- 12Slice tenderloin, sprinkle with fleur de sel (or coarse sea salt) and pour sauce over. Serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin With Cabernet Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.9
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.1 mg
- Sodium 669.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 58.3 g