Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Marinated in Scotch; posted for recipe request.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, sliced into 4 steaks
- 2 ounces scotch whiskey
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn, roughly crushed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Marinate steaks in marinade for 2 hours.
- Saute steaks in butter; remove from pan when cooked to doneness you like.
- Add mushrooms to pan.
- Add peppercorns.
- Add brandy OFF stove.
- Deglaze pan, scraping browned bits off bottom of pan.
- Don't ignite; fire scares me.
- Add cream.
- Reduce; pour over steaks.
This is delicious!!! I made this last night for dinner, although a very late dinner due to the site being down when I need the recipe, but at least I already had it marinating. My photo doesn't due this recipe justice, as I was in too much of hurry to eat. DH doesn't care for anything on his steak, so the sauce was just for my steak and I loved it. The only part I changed was to add sliced shallots with the mushrooms in the beginning, yumm!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
Great wonderful dinner tonight. We all loved this dish. Made for ZWT8.