Recipe by Dienia B.
Marinated in Scotch; posted for recipe request.
Top Review by diner524
This is delicious!!! I made this last night for dinner, although a very late dinner due to the site being down when I need the recipe, but at least I already had it marinating. My photo doesn't due this recipe justice, as I was in too much of hurry to eat. DH doesn't care for anything on his steak, so the sauce was just for my steak and I loved it. The only part I changed was to add sliced shallots with the mushrooms in the beginning, yumm!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, sliced into 4 steaks
- 2 ounces scotch whiskey
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn, roughly crushed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄4 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate steaks in marinade for 2 hours.
- Saute steaks in butter; remove from pan when cooked to doneness you like.
- Add mushrooms to pan.
- Add peppercorns.
- Add brandy OFF stove.
- Deglaze pan, scraping browned bits off bottom of pan.
- Don't ignite; fire scares me.
- Add cream.
- Reduce; pour over steaks.