Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
our traditional Christmas dinner....and it is wonderful!
- beef tenderloin (1/2 lb per person)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 madeira wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- Brown beef on all sides in butter, garlic and pepper. Save pan juices.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 - 50 minutes until temp reaches 160 degrees.
- Add to pan juices on stove top.
- 2 T butter and still in 4 oz crumbled blue cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until melted (about 4 minutes).
- add beef broth, maderia wine and sliced mushrooms.
- cook until tender (about 4 minutes).
- add 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, pine nuts or almonds and sliced green onions.
- Serve on the side with the beef.