Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty dish that is quick and simple to prepare.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 59.16 ml crumbled blue cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with garlic and salt.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over med-high heat. Add steaks, reduce heat to medium and cook steaks to desired doneness; turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together sour cream and blue cheese.
- Spoon the mixture over the top of hot steaks.
Oh my, what a wonderful sauce/spread for steaks. I mean a steak is a steak is a steak, but this blue cheese number takes a nice cut of steak to a whole new level. I added the salt and two crushed cloves of garlic to the sauce, and four of us demolished most of it. Also put some on our baked potatoes, and I dipped bell pepper strips in the tiny bit that was leftover. Wow! Thanks for posting.
Blue cheese and steak, there is no better combo. I used reduced fat sour cream with great results. Grilled the steaks outdoors. Definitely a keeper.
OK I give this five big ones with these changes - I used butter instead of spray and left out the garlic powder and just tossed a clove into the sizzling butter. OK, I used extra cheese too. Lots of extra cheese ... Mmmmm. Gonna have this tomorrow too! Thanks Bugsy!